Sample Media and/or Newsletter or Listserv Announcement
Cut and paste this text into your newsletter, listserv, or press release. Add local details and quotes from your organization.
Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in the United States. Ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun are the main cause of skin cancer. UV damage can also cause wrinkles and blotches or spots on your skin.
These are just some of the reasons why [your organization] is proud to participate in UV Safety Month and help raise awareness of the risks of sun damage. During the month of July, join us in taking action to prevent skin cancer and reduce the risk of UV damage.
- [Add details about your local activities.]
- [Include quote from your organization.]
You can take steps today to protect your skin:
- Stay out of the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Use sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher.
- Cover up with long sleeves and a hat.
- Check your skin regularly for changes.
For more information, visit [insert your organization information].