Talk with a doctor about your symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- If you frequently feel sleepy during the day and are unable to function normally, it's time to talk with your doctor.
The National Sleep Foundation offers this advice about what you should discuss:
- How long your excessive sleepiness has been going on.
- How frequently you're this way.
- Whether you fall asleep during the day.
- Your typical sleep habits.
- Whether you wake during the night, and if you snore.
- Factors that prompted changes to your sleep schedule, such as having a newborn or switching to shift work.
Copyright © 2013
HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from
various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov
does not endorse opinions, products, or services that
may appear in news stories. For more information on
health topics in the news, visit
Health News on healthfinder.gov.