Brush them daily
(HealthDay News) -- It's important to take good care of dentures and keep them clean, just like you would your natural teeth.
The American Dental Association offers these suggestions:
- Brush dentures every day.
- Before brushing, rinse dentures to remove debris and food particles.
- Thoroughly brush all areas of your mouth, including your tongue, inside the cheeks, gums and the roof of the mouth.
- When storing your dentures, make sure they're soaking in water, completely covered, and in a safe spot.
- If you use an adhesive, follow instructions carefully.
Copyright © 2013
HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from
various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov
does not endorse opinions, products, or services that
may appear in news stories. For more information on
health topics in the news, visit
Health News on healthfinder.gov.