A dull or burning pain is a key warning sign
(HealthDay News) -- Arthritis can affect the many small joints in the hands, making daily tasks difficult and painful.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons mentions these warning signs of hand arthritis:
- A dull or burning pain in the hands, particularly after gripping or grasping large or heavy objects.
- Stiffness and pain that often appears in the morning. Or, pain that interferes with daily activities, such as opening jars or bottles.
- Swelling of the hand's joints.
- Joints that feel warm to the touch, or cysts forming on the joints.
- A grating or grinding sensation in one or more joints, or a feeling of instability or looseness.
Copyright © 2014
HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from
various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov
does not endorse opinions, products, or services that
may appear in news stories. For more information on
health topics in the news, visit
Health News on healthfinder.gov.