Stretch the muscles gently
(HealthDay News) -- Leg cramps are common during pregnancy, particularly at night while you're trying to sleep.
The Womenshealth.gov website suggests how to help soothe leg cramps during pregnancy:
- Practice gentle stretches on the cramping muscles.
- Engage in light, mild exercise.
- Flex your foot in the forward position.
- Eat plenty of foods rich in calcium.
- Ask your doctor about taking calcium supplements.
Copyright © 2014
HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from
various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov
does not endorse opinions, products, or services that
may appear in news stories. For more information on
health topics in the news, visit
Health News on healthfinder.gov.