Avoid acidic foods
(HealthDay News) -- Canker sores are painful ulcers that form inside the mouth. While they're not contagious, they can impede eating and speaking.
The Cleveland Clinic offers this advice for reducing your risk of developing canker sores:
- Avoid eating acidic foods.
- Keep stress under control.
- Avoid eating foods that are very hot in temperature.
- Don't talk while you eat.
- Don't use oral hygiene products that include the ingredient sodium lauryl sulfate.
Copyright © 2013
HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from
various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov
does not endorse opinions, products, or services that
may appear in news stories. For more information on
health topics in the news, visit
Health News on healthfinder.gov.