Write everything down
(HealthDay News) -- Forgetfulness may be a normal sign of aging, or a warning sign of a condition such as Alzheimer's disease.
In case of the former, the National Institute on Aging suggests how to help sharpen your memory:
- Create lists or use a calendar.
- Associate what you want to remember with something meaningful, such as a favorite song or TV show.
- Engage in new hobbies that challenge you physically and mentally.
- Get plenty of regular exercise.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Find healthy ways to manage anxiety and stress, and see a doctor if you struggle with these feelings.
Copyright © 2013
HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from
various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov
does not endorse opinions, products, or services that
may appear in news stories. For more information on
health topics in the news, visit
Health News on healthfinder.gov.