Write everything down
(HealthDay News) -- Forgetfulness may be a normal sign of aging, or a warning sign of a condition such as Alzheimer's disease.
In case of the former, the National Institute on Aging suggests how to help sharpen your memory:
- Create lists or use a calendar.
- Associate what you want to remember with something meaningful, such as a favorite song or TV show.
- Engage in new hobbies that challenge you physically and mentally.
- Get plenty of regular exercise.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Find healthy ways to manage anxiety and stress, and see a doctor if you struggle with these feelings.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories. For more information on health topics in the news, visit Health News on healthfinder.gov.
Note: Documents in PDF format require the Adobe Acrobat Reader®. If you experience problems with PDF documents, please download the latest version of the Reader®.