February American Heart Month
The American Heart Association
Sample Media and/or Newsletter or Listserv Announcement
Cut and paste this text into your newsletter, listserv, or press release. Add local details and quotes from your organization.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. To prevent heart disease and increase awareness of its effects, [your organization] is proudly participating in American Heart Month. Locally, [fill in statistics] are affected by heart disease.
- [Add details about your local activities.]
- [Include quote from your organization.]
You can make healthy changes to lower your risk of developing heart disease. Controlling and preventing risk factors is also important for people who already have heart disease. To lower your risk:
- Watch your weight.
- Quit smoking and stay away from secondhand smoke.
- Control your cholesterol and blood pressure.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
- Get active and eat healthy.
For more information, visit [insert your organization information].